|main expeditions articles offers projects news cooperation help contacts|
The author's illustrated publication - photo album
Preliminary name – "In chase of horizon".
The book-photo album assumes using of the author’s photo material from numerous expeditions during 10-years period from 1997 to 2007. Photography was the main objective of unique and extreme expeditions to less explored regions of the country. In most cases these expeditions were held on my own in union with wild nature. Forty days without meeting a man and any connection with civilization ia a personal record of the author.
The following structure of the book is planed:
The number of chapters is equal to the number of expeditions.
Chapters consist of two parts:
- The text part. In the form of travel notes the author will tell about the expeditions, impressions, and feelings. The text will be accompanied with several small illustrations, corresponding to the narration and contributing to better understanding of the story’s essence. Also this part will contain brief historic and geographic description of the region.
- The illustrated part. The best photos from the expedition. Accompaniment of these photos (informative, lyric, and other)
Chapters of the book:
1. 5000 kilometres on my own. Three expeditions, connected by the common idea and the route of Chekanovsky’s expeditions (1873-1875). Chekanovsky A.L. is a Russian discover and explorer. The first expedition of the author was held in 1997 down the Nijnyaya Tunguska, 2625 kilometres from the beginnings to the mouth of the river. In 1999 through the river system I managed to get from the Nijnyaya Tunguska to the beginnings of the Olenyok river and come down it to the settlement of the same name. In 2000 I get down the Olenyok river to the Laptev Sea.
2. Photo expedition to the eastern slope of the Pripolyarny Urals from Neroika to Narodnaya. The expedition was held in 2002 on my own.
3. Photo expedition through the lake system of the Western Putorany in the southern part of Taimyr. The expedition was held in 2003 on my own.
4. Photo expedition down the Podkamennaya Tunguska. 1700 kilometres from the beginnings to the mouth. The expedition was held in 2004 with the help of a fellow.
5. Photo expedition to the region of Oimyakon, the Suntar-Hayata mountain range with the getting down the Udoma river. The south-east of Yakutia and northern-west of the Khabarovsk territory. The expedition was held in 2005 with the help of a fellow.
6. Photo expedition to the remote mountain region of the Eastern Sayan – Tofalaria. Nijneudinsky region in Irkutsk area. The expedition was held in 2006 on my own.
7. Combined collection of several trips to different regions: The Caucasian biospheric preserve, Pinega reserve in Arkhangelsk region, Northern Ossetia, the Ob, Baikal.
8. Materials, collected in India and Nepal.
||© 2007-2012 PhotoGeographic||
Project manager - Oksana Glebova
Web-design - Olga Gordienko
Translation - Nastya Karpukhina